Hey! we LOVE Hanoi Rocks!!! And who is more beautiful than
Here's some cool trivia about the cutest boy and band to ever come out of Finland!!!
- The first Hanoi Rocks album was originally called Some
Like It Hot according to Michael's Marilyn Monroe t-shirt.
- While in Sweden, the Hanoi guys lived in Blåskulla in
Solna, just outside the city of Stockholm.
- In the "first" Hanoi Rocks line-up, Nasty's
name was Nasty McCoy.
- Before Hanoi Rocks Andy used to call himself Andy
Monroe or Andy von Hulkko.
Monroe's birthday is the 17th of June 1962.
- Andy McCoy's birthday is the 11th of October 1962.
- Nasty Suicide's birtday is the 27th of February
- Sam Yaffa's birthday is the 4th of September 1963.
- Razzle was born on the 2nd of December 1960 and
he died on the 9th of December 1984.
- Keimo Hirvonen played drums on the first Hanoi-single
"I Want You / Kill City Kills". He played with Maukka Perusjätkä at that time.
- "I Want You" is an English version of a
Swedish rocksong "Jag vill ha dig" which Andy translated into English.
- The real names of the guys:
Michael: Matti Fagerholm, Andy: Antti Hulkko, Nasty: Jan Stenfors, Sam: Sami Takamäki,
Gyp: Jesper Sporre, Razzle: Nicholas Dingley
- "Tooting Bec Wreck" was written about their
apartment in Tooting, London... and about tooting!
- The last Hanoi Rocks album was originally called
Silver Missiles And Nightingales.
- In the early 1980's Andy McCoy said that he'll die on
the 14th of September 1985.
- Nasty almost died face down in a toilet in Stockholm
- In 1983 Andy composed a few songs for Japanese singer
Honda. Andy, Sam and Razzle played on Honda's album.
- Andy has composed some songs for Alice Cooper but they
have not been recorded.
- Samantha Fox covered the Suicide Twins' song The Best
Is Yet To Come.
- Guns'n'Roses song Right Next Door To Hell was written
by Timo Kaltio, Izzy Stradlin and Axl Rose.
- Toto Coelo's, Anita Chellemah-pre-Cherry Bombz
"smash hit" was "I Eat Cannibals".
- Michael Monroe played the guitarist in the subway
station in Nona Hendryx's very rare video "I Need Love".
- Michael Monroe can be seen in the Sun City video by
Artists Against Apartheid.
- Andy McCoy can be seen with Steve Jones in Iggy Pop's
video for Cold Metal.
- Michael Monroe plays harmonica and saxophone (which is
mixed very down) on the Guns'n'Roses song "Bad Obsession" and does a duet with
Axl Rose on Ain't it Fun.
- Michael Monroe & Slash recorded Steppenwolf's
Magic Carpet Ride for the soundtrack to the movie Coneheads.
- Andy McCoy's girlfriend, Angela Nicoletti was
originally Izzy Stradlin's girlfriend.
- Vince Neil was a convicted twice for drunk
driving before THAT ACCIDENT!!!
- Jet Boy songs "Bloodstone", "Locked In
A Cage" and "Make Some Noise" were used in a silly teen-movie "The
Burbs" (USA, 1989).
- Andy had said that Sam Yaffa (Yaffa is an Israelian
fruit trade mark) got his name because he resembles an orange.
- Hanoi Rocks had an audition with Alvin Gibbs after Sam
left the band and he was supposed to be Sam's successor.
- In winter 1986 Johnny Thunders dedicated "Born To
Lose" to Andy at YO-House of Tampere, Finland.
- "Dead, Jail Or Rock'n'Roll" was originally
titled "Dead Or In Jail".
- Razzle died in a red '72 Ford Pantera.
- Shooting Gallery song "I Mess Around" was
played in Harley Davidson And The Marlboro Man movie.
- Nasty Suicide appears on Guns'n'Roses video Paradise
- Sam appears in the Tommy Chong movie "Far Out
Man" (1990) in the band The Fartzz
- Mick Jagger introduced Ronnie Wood in Helsinki (summer
1998) as "The London version of Andy McCoy... mr. Ronnie Wood!"
- this was all taken from the most informative Hanoi Rocks
Website EVER! http://18.104.22.168/~jukka/
(And if that wasn't enough, heres a REALLY